Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

Well rested day starting off at church at 8.30 a.m. (waking up at 7 a.m. was evidently too much for me ahaha, I wonder how I managed 6+ a.m. from primary school to JC) A wonderful, wonderful morning, and I was particularly happy because my parents joined me ^^

I was just listening to old songs (I mean old in my standards, like the 2007 kinda old, like the Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul / Just So You Know, Jason Mraz's Geek in the Pink / You and I Both kinda old) and letting Youtube run on its own. I was suddenly so overwhelmed with the bittersweet sensation of reminiscing about school days. A part of me misses those carefree days when hiding in the classroom before assembly / sneaking off to Coronation Plaza were the biggest mischief ever (guaikia96 hahaha) Nevertheless, I believe I have grown / learnt from past mistakes / become stronger through all the experiences. Everything happens for a reason :)

Time slips away so quietly and quickly that it surprises me. Ironically, it's even more necessary to faire une pause because it's easy to get caught up amidst this whirlwind. I'm learning to treasure this tiny bit of (relative more) carefree time I have and put my heart and mind into things that matter. Nobody has got time for negativity~ (and so apologies for the previous post/s)

Shall end with verses from Luke today:

When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
                                                                                         Luke 23:33-34

It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
                                                                                         Luke 23:44-46


No comments:

Post a Comment