Thursday, February 4, 2016

le changement c'est maintenant

“The flower bloomed and faded. The sun rose and sank. The lover loved and went. And what the poets said in rhyme, the young translated into practice.” Virginia Woolf

-

If there is anything that I've learnt the past few weeks, it is the transience of life and everything that it contains: relationships, people, situations. Sometimes I find it incredibly hard to catch up with all the changes that take place. It reminds me to not place hope in worldly things because all these will eventually pass. (sounds emo, but really I'm not)

Nevertheless, I'm really thankful for the constants in my life. University has made me appreciate these sisters, brothers and the close friends I've had for many many years. I realise I've known some friends for nearly half my life and that we've watched each other grow, make mistakes and stand back up again. 

I'm constantly reminding myself of my resolution to be an X even though the world is full of Y ( this is something I witness more frequently than ever in university and I'm admittedly beginning to stop looking at the world through rose-tinted glasses. It's not a bad thing, really. It just means that I am recognizing reality, but it does not mean that I will succumb to it). Sometimes I lose hope and wonder if all this is worth my effort, if I'll one day give up, but this is also a humbling experience all in all. It has been tough but I'll press on because I have an endless stream of love and joy in Him :) 


Sidenote. It's mid-week already! Can't wait for CNY. I'm recovering slowly, and I've been catching up with so many old friends. Simple joys in life keep me going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment