Thursday, December 31, 2015

In the blink of an eye

To be very very very honest, I would love to immerse myself in the crowd at Sentosa / Floating Platform / wherever the hype is. But I guess there is value in spending a quiet NYE because this is when you can really reflect :)

In the blink of an eye, 2015 is coming to an end. It has been a really fast year, and a true reflection of "change being the only constant". I started off the year back in NY, except with a slightly different role, then took another job at OV (horrible decision, but it's a learning experience nonetheless). Then I took a short break and did catching up with the overseas bound friends before university started. Then Sem 1 came crashing upon a completely under-prepared me. Like what I've told many friends, it wasn't the academic rigour that took a toll on me, but college life and people / my own emotional issues in general. It was really a test of my faith, But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.                                          2 Corinthians 12:9 
And indeed, His grace and faithfulness never fails to amaze me, even when I'm weak, especially when I'm weak.

And this post is going to degenerate into a listicle because I'm a tad lazy / pressed for time.

What I've Learnt
1. that I have to learn to say no. And by that, I mean being more assertive, having more self-discipline, and having the courage to stand up for whatever I think is right. (i.e. start from saying no to jio-s when I have a pile of unread readings and mid-terms are in a week ahaha)
2. staying happily single. A wise friend once told me that all this talk about "finding your other half" isn't quite about finding a half, but a full actually. Nobody will be a perfect half to complete you - you're always going to find flaws in others. So, in the new year, I shall learn to be a full on my own.
3. make time. for what, you ask. For things that matter to me. For myself. For friends. For family. (This is kinda linked to #1). Start learning to prioritize. Stop wanting everything.
4. being X. Ever since the start of uni, I find myself doubting people and their intentions. This culminated in an ugly incident and (nearly) a friendship lost. So 2016, I am going to start afresh - being an X even in a world full of Ys, being X even with full knowledge that others are Ys.
5. stop procrastinating and finding excuses / being lazy (like right now oops).
6. love more.

-

A sketchy post because I'm kinda tired.

Goodbye 2015 ~ Hello 2016! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment